Elder Astley Ambersley
The Auditing Department of North Jamaica Conference exists to glorify God by empowering Church Auditors to carry out their duties efficiently, thus ensuring transparency in the financial affairs of the church for the availability of funds for the proclamation of the Gospel.
The Auditing Department vision is to see all Churches and Schools within North Jamaica Conference operating efficiently with integrity and punctuality, ensuring optimal financial support for the advancement of the Lord's work and the hastening of His coming.
The purpose of the Auditing Department is to provide an opinion on the credibility of financial information in order to assist church administrators (pastors, elders, church board) as well as members in their mission of proclaiming the everlasting gospel within the Conference's territory and throughout the world.
The Department's vision is to see all Churches and Schools within North Jamaica Conference operating efficiently with integrity and punctuality, ensuring optimal financial support for the advancement of the Lord's work and the hastening of His coming. And so the following objectives are cited:
- To Audit all churches within North Conference territory at least once per year.
- To ensure that treasurers are accountable for all funds given to the church
- To ensure that all Conference funds are remitted to the Conference on time
- To train and educate local church auditors so they will carry out their responsibilities effectively and efficiently
- To establish a close working relationship between the treasurers and auditors and the Conference.